How to wisely choose what to read
1. The most important thing to read is the BIBLE.
It is your instruction manual. Read it daily.
-Read it to get to know God.
-Read about a topic or a person.
2. Read Bible study books. Use these to
-look up word meanings and the background of a passage.
-compare how others understand a passage and why.
-check that references are in context.
3. Read topical Christian books & devotionals to be like Christ
in all areas of life.
- Use these books to evaluate yourself and
help in your search of God’s word.
4. Read biographies & autobiographies of people
who have tried to follow Christ.
- Read these books to see the struggles and
insights of others who have tried to follow Christ.
5. Read fiction books that teach Christian values.
Read these books to
-be uplifted and encouraged
-learn from fictional examples
-motivate you to study more.